Eastern Medical College and Hospital Comilla
Eastern Medical College and Hospital Comilla
About MBBS Program in Eastern Medical College (EMC)
Incorporated Year: 2005
MBBS Course Duration: 5 Years + 1 Year Internship
The medium of Teaching: English
Total Capacity: 600 bedded Hospital
Average Occupancy: 85-90%
MBBS Degree valid in India
Teacher Student ratio is 1:5
Affiliation by the University of Chittagong and Chittagong Medical University
Recognition by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC)
Permitted by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of the Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh
After obtaining MBBS Degree from Bangladesh, Indian students required to appear in FMGE/NExT, conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE) to practice in India. MBBS degree obtained from Eastern Medical College (EMC) is recognized by NMC/MCI
EMC is enlisted in International Medical Education Directory (IMED), FAIMER and AVICENNA Directory of Medical School which will enable our graduates to appear at ECFMG and other entrance examinations abroad
Membership of South East Asian Regional Organization for Medical Council.
About Eastern Medical College Comilla Bangladesh
Facilities and Infrastructures available in the College
- Attached is Hospital EMCH with 300 bedded at Kabila Campus and an additional 250 bedded at Race Course Campus
- Experienced & Caring group of Faculty with international nationally reputed teaching staff.
- Hostel Facility: Separate Hostel Block for foreign students: Girls Student Twine sharing room with attached bathroom facility. Boys students accommodation in Four seated room with attached bathroom.
- Separate dining space for foreign students in the hostel food according to foreign students.
- The library is facilitated with Wi-Fi Hotspot: the whole library is under a free WI-FI Internet Network.
- Full connectivity and registration with the Health InterNetwork Access to Research initiative through WHO due to which teachers & students of E.M.C have free access to more than 6600 latest Medical Journals of the world.
- Online one-to-one with Teacher -Parents connectivity: Every EMC student has a specific ID & Password through which their guardian can login into the EMC website (Student’s Profile) to know the academic details, performance & other information about their child.
- Separate Common rooms for boys & girls students with television, indoor games, and entertainment.
- Facilities for outdoor games and intra-medical college tournaments.
- World-class canteen for students as well as for teachers.
- Modern transport fleet for easy commuting of students.
- Round-the-clock standby Power supply Generator facility.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in EMCH
- Foreign students should have a minimum GPA of 7.00 together at the SSC OR O level & HSC/A level (Separately minimum GPA of 3.00 in each). Students with “O” & “A” levels must provide the attested photocopy of the Equivalence Certificate issued from the Office of the Director General of Health Services, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh as a necessary document of their eligibility. For more Indian students advised to contact Smile Education, Kolkata.
Time and Process of Application to EMCH
Foreign students should apply in the month of July – November. Since the process is a little lengthy and time-consuming Indian students are advised to contact with 12th and 10 marks cards along with a valid Passport to our admission information center Smile Education in Kolkata.
Candidates interested to apply for low-cost MBBS admission should at first get their S.S.C/O level, H.S.C/A level, or equivalent certificates & mark sheets attested by the Ministry of Education as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of their own country. After that, they should apply through the Embassy of Bangladesh in their country providing above mentioned attested documents. Via Smile Education Consultancy (SEC) Kolkata process all necessary admission requirement and the Office of Director General of Health Services (DGHS), Dhaka, Bangladesh will then issue an Equivalence Certificate which can be collected either through the Smile Education Office or Bangladesh Mission in their country or directly from the Office of SEC.
Also, Find Eastern Medical College Fee Structure
Important Documents Required for MBBS Admission in Bangladesh
- For admission into the First year, of the MBBS course under the foreign quota students need to apply in the prescribed form along with the following documents available in SEC Kolkata Office
- Attested photocopy of SSC & HSC / Equivalent Exam Certificate / Testimonial
- Also, Attested photocopy of SSC & HSC / Equivalent Exam Mark Sheets / Academic Transcript.
- Attested photocopy of Equivalence Certificate issued by DGHS, Dhaka, Bangladesh (for students with “O” & “A” levels).
- 3 (three) copies of recent passport-size attested photographs.
- Photocopy of Passport.
- At the time of admission, all original documents will be retained by the college until completion of the course.
- First-year MBBS class usually starts from the first week of January every year or as decided by the Government each year.
Scope and Valuation of MBBS Degree in Bangladesh:
Eastern Medical College and Hospital (EMCH), Comilla – Affiliated Under Chittagong Medical University
Chittagong Medical University approved by the National Medical Commission of India (NMC) Act 1956. NMC/MCI Recognised Medical Qualifications Granted by Medical Institutions outside India. Find more details on NMC/MCI Official Website.
To continue practice in India Registration Number is required, After obtaining an MBBS degree from any Medical College in Bangladesh, students from INDIA are required to appear in FMGE Test with is Computer Based Test (CBT) Multiple choice Question Pattern, conducted by the Medical Council of India. MBBS degree obtained from Eastern Medical College is recognized by MCI, NMC, and WHO.
Eastern Medical College Admission Office in INDIA
Download College Prospectusbasic-information-about-mbbs-course-in-bangladesh
Eastern Medical College and Hospital, Comilla
Official All India Admission Coordinator:–
Smile Education Consultancy
Mrs. Reepa Biswas
Smile Education (Authorized)
B-265, Survey Park Santoshpur (1st Floor)
(Near Kishore Bharati Stadium, Survey Park Kali Mandir)
Kolkata – 700075
(Just 3.2 KM 10 min from KPC Medical College)
West Bengal, India
Phone: 033 7965 8170
Mobile: 903-864-3838, 988-312-3838, 983-126-3838