10 Questions and Answers for MBBS Course Admission
Why Indian Students Going Bangladesh for MBBS Course?
In India, we have perception that Bangladesh is a poor country with improper infrastructure. If we see trends of recent 10 years then story is quite different. Bangladesh has grown considerably on numerous fronts, infra has improved and economy on boom. Bangladesh has 25 public universities and 50 private universities for MBBS course. In India, even in Karnataka such number of MBBS colleges is not available.
Is it easy for Indian student to stay in Bangladesh?
Till 1947, Bangladesh was part of India. This country is culturally same as Indian Bengal. It will be like staying in Kolkata when you will opt for MBBS in Bangladesh.
What is average fee for MBBS in Bangladesh?
If Indian students are going to Bangladesh then affordability of MBBS course is the main reason. In India, average MBBS fees is crossing 80 lakh while in Bangladesh average course fee is around 40 Lakh. Bangladesh is becoming hub for medical education because of high influx from Asian and African countries.
Is MBBS course of Bangladesh recognized in India?
MBBS courses across Bangladesh are recognized by medical council of India and WHO. Once you complete MBBS in Bangladesh then there will be a screening test by MCI and then go for practice in India.
What is Duration of course for MBBS in Bangladesh?
Entire course will be of 6 years. 5 years will be curriculum and 1 year need to work as junior doctor in the profile of intern.
Is IELTS or TOEFL Required for Bangladesh course?
There is no such requirement for Bangladesh. Knowledge of English language is required because this will be medium of instruction.
What are Pros of MBBS course in Bangladesh?
There are numerous pros that’s why Indians are present in Bangladesh for MBBS
- Course structure: This is same like in India. Syllabus is same along with methodologies of teaching.
- Possibly lowest MBBS in the world comes from Bangladesh
- Bangladesh is becoming major hub for medical research based education.
- Infrastructure is not an issue in Bangladesh. This country has better infra than some Indian states like Jharkhand, Odisha, Bihar, UP, MP, Rajasthan etc.
- Bangladesh has very good bilateral relation with India so Visa never becomes problem.
What are Eligibility Criteria for MBBS course in Bangladesh?
Please check eligibility criteria as written below:
- Minimum age requirement to take admission is 17 years.
- Candidate who have wasted their 3 years or more after 10+2 are not eligible for admission.
- Minimum 60 percent marks required in PCB group. Some medical colleges have different criteria.
- Minimum GPA for Biology subject should be 3.5
What are Some Prominent Colleges for MBBS in Bangladesh?
List of medical colleges are as below:
- Tairunnessa Medical college
Address: Dhaka – Mymensingh Hwy, Bangladesh
Contact Number: +880 1914-213134
- Enam medical college
Address: 9/3, parboti Nagar, Thana Road, Thana Rd, Savar Union 1340, Bangladesh
Contact number: +880 1716-358146
- Al-Din medical college
Address: 2 Bara Maghbazar, Outer Circular Rd, Dhaka 1217, Bangladesh
Contact Number: +880 2-9353391
- Green life medical college
Address : MAK Khan Tower 30, Bir Uttam K.M. Shafiullah Sarak, Green Rd, Dhaka
Contact Number: +880 2-9612345
- Sylhet Women Medical College
Address: Noyashorok Road, Sylhet 3100, Bangladesh
Contact: +880 821-720123
- Kumudini medical college
Address: Mirzapur, Bangladesh
Contact: 880-2-9842 778
- Universal medical college
Address: Peacock, 74G/75, Square Road, Dhaka 1215, Bangladesh
Contact: +880 9606-111222
- Mainamoti medical college
Address: Baropara, Kuchaitoli Road, Comilla 3500, Bangladesh
Contact: +880 817-2671
- Dhaka central medical college
Address: 2, 1 Ring Rd, Dhaka 1207, Bangladesh
Contact: +880 2-9128727
- International medical college
Address: Medical College Rd, Tongi 1711, Bangladesh
Contact: +880 2-9814550
- Popular medical college
Address: 25 Rd No. 2, Dhaka 1205, Bangladesh
Contact: +880 2-9669301
- TMSS medical college
Address: Dhaka – Rangpur Hwy, Gokul 5800
- Jalalabad rabiya medical college
Address: Sylhet, Bangladesh
Contact: +880 1712-090922
- Anwer Khan medical college
Address: House 17,Road 8 Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka 1205
Contact: +880 2-9670295