IBN Sina Medical College
The academic activities of Ibn Sina Medical College commenced through admission of 50 students in 2004-05 academic session. Through 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 sessions, 7 batches of total 372 students, have undertaken the MBBS course. The college is affiliated with University of Dhaka and recognized by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council. The students of first batch became graduate in 2011. Now the third batch is starting their internship in our Hospital. Our patients are getting competent services by our own graduates who cares with devotion and compassion under the supervision of the experienced professors. Remaining batches are progressing as per schedule. The admission procedure of ISMC-10 (2013-2014) is now on-line. The admission is based on merit keeping in conformity with Government Order published and adopted by ISMC Academic Council and Governing Body.
Ibn Sina Medical College is established with a view to train the specially selected high quality medical candidates to be called ‘Medical students’ for five academic years. They will follow the medical course according to the syllabus laid down by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) formulated for MBBS degree. The degree thus be conferred by the University of Dhaka will be recognized through registration by BMDC. Ibn Sina Medical College (ISMC) is committed to create a cadre of high quality doctors both by medical knowledge and high moral values, dedicated for suffering human physically and psychologically in the nation and others across the geographical boundaries.
The objectives of Ibn Sina Medical College are:
1. To teach that we the human species “are Ashraful maks-lu-kat” created to live in the community with harmony and for each other with tender caring.
2. To teach bio-chemical sciences traditionally required for medical graduate to meet the responsibilities of providing as well as curative health care to the people of Bangladesh.
3. To produce religiously well disciplined, self-motivated and dedicated doctors imbued with the spirit of devotion to responsibility to human, duty, kindness, tolerance, patience and compassion.
4. To instill a wide knowledge of the social and economic condition of Bangladesh with a view to imbuing in them the belief, value and ideas of the nation.
5. To inspire development of essential characters qualities, strong sense of righ
teousness and basic desire to serve the suffering humanities at home and also abroad.
The capabilities of the college are as under:
1. Presently the college is training 50 students in each batch. Since 2005.
2. Capable to run 100 students academic activities in each batch.
3. Building-up the desire amongst the passed out doctors to prosecute further studies leading to specialization. in future.
Ibn Sina Medical College is located at 1/1-B, Kallyanpur, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh. The 14 storied academic building is housing all the departments along with 250 beds academic hospital. In very near future another 596 beds specialized hospital will be functioning in the college campus. A dedicated 250 beds academic block will be there with all advanced medical education and treatment facilities.